This blushing focaccia’s pink hue comes from beet juice powder. A little bit American, a little bit Italian, it’s sprinkled generously with everything bagel seasoning for the best of both worlds.
1. Mix all of the everything bagel seasoning ingredients together in a small bowl and set aside.
2. Add the warm water in a bowl with the sugar and beet juice powder. Stir until the sugar and beet juice powder have dissolved. Sprinkle in the yeast and stir. Let the mixture sit for 5-10 minutes, until foamy.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour and salt. Pour in the yeast mixture and the olive oil, then mix to combine. Continue mixing with a wooden spoon until the dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl. If the dough is too wet and sticky, sprinkle in some more flour while you mix.
4. Shape the dough into a ball and remove it from the bowl in order to grease the inside with olive oil. Place the ball of dough back in and cover the bowl with a towel. Set aside to rest for 1 hour.
5. Transfer the dough to a 9x13 baking pan greased with olive oil and shape it into a rectangle. Cover it again with the towel and let rise for another 20 minutes.
6. When the time is nearly up, preheat the oven to 400F. Use your fingers to poke dimples into the dough. Don’t be afraid to press down hard. Drizzle olive oil evenly over the top of the dough and sprinkle it with the everything bagel seasoning.
7. Bake for 20 minutes. The pinkness of the dough will fade into a rose-gold color when it’s ready.
8. Serve warm.