This oat flour soda bread lives up the OG loaf’s reputation. It’s dense, with a crunchy crust and buttermilk-y richness. With its rustic look and unpretentious appeal, it’s the perfect addition to a cheese board enjoyed with family or friends.
1. Preheat the oven to 450F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, whisk the oat flour, all-purpose flour, sugar, salt and baking soda together.
3. In a small bowl, beat the egg and stir in the buttermilk.
4. Pour the buttermilk mixture into the flour mixture and stir together until just combined. If the mixture is too dry, add a few splashes of almond milk.
5. Place the dough on the baking sheet and shape it into a ball. Use a knife to score the top in an X-shape.
6. Bake at 450 for 15 minutes. Lower the temperature to 400F and bake for another 25 minutes.
7. Let cool a little before serving.