Craving a veggie scramble for breakfast? Mix it up by subbing nutritious, antioxidant-rich yellow mung beans for eggs.
1. In a medium bowl, cover the mung beans with hot water and soak for an hour.
2. Drain the water and transfer the beans to a small pot. Add water, enough that the water level is an inch above the beans. Add the salt and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook for 15-20 minutes, until the beans are tender.
3. Drain the excess water and set the beans aside.
4. In a large pan, heat the olive oil and sauté the onions until soft and translucent. Add the mini peppers, mushrooms and tomatoes and sauté until soft. Then, add the mung beans and the spices. Let everything cook for a few minutes before pouring in the almond milk.
5. Stir and let the mixture simmer for a minute, then remove from the heat. Garnish with chopped parsley and serve with toast.