If soft chocolate cookies topped with more chocolate and macadamia nuts are the way to your heart, we’ve got just the thing.
1. In a large mixing bowl, sift together the oat, sweet rice and tapioca flours with the cocoa powder. Whisk to combine. Add the baking powder and salt and whisk again.
2. In a medium bowl, add the melted coconut oil, almond milk and the sugars. Whisk vigorously for several minutes until smooth. The mixture should look like a runny caramel.
3. Add the egg and vanilla to the wet mixture and whisk until combined.
4. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until just combined. Fold in 2 oz of chopped dark chocolate and ¼ cup macadamia nuts. Place the dough in the fridge while you preheat the oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
5. When the oven is hot, use a scoop to measure out the batter evenly. Roll the dough in the palm of your hands and flatten a bit. Decorate the top of the cookies with the remaining chopped dark chocolate and more macadamia nuts.
6. Bake for 10 minutes.
7. Transfer to a cooling rack for a few minutes before enjoying.