Peppers, chickpeas, soyrizo…not your traditional frittata ingredients but avant-garde is how we like it.
1. To prepare the chickpeas: Soak the chickpeas for 24 hours and drain them before adding them to a medium pot with plenty of water and the baking soda. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer and cook until the chickpeas are tender (about 30-35 mins). Drain the water and let the chickpeas cool completely.
2. Preheat the oven to 425F.
3. In a large ovenproof skillet, heat the olive oil and add the grilled peppers and onions. Sauté until the onions are translucent and everything is heated through, then add the cumin, chickpeas and soyrizo.
4. Fry until the soyrizo is slightly blackened, then add the whisked eggs. Mix to combine and let the frittata begin to set.
5. Once the edges look cooked, place the skillet in the oven for 7-10 minutes until completely set. Use an oven mitt to remove the skillet from the oven and set it aside to cool.
6. While the frittata is cooling, toast the pumpkin seeds until golden-brown.
7. Top the frittata with sliced avocado and pumpkin seeds, then enjoy.