Healthy baking never tasted so good. These fiber-filled oat muffins are studded with walnuts and shredded coconut. Bookmark this recipe for anytime you have a few ripe bananas you want to transform into treats.
1. In a medium bowl, add the oats and the almond milk. Stir and let soak for at least 6 hours, up to overnight.
2. Preheat the oven to 425F and line a muffin tin with muffin cups.
3. In a large bowl, mash the ripe bananas. Add the soaked oats, egg, coconut oil, honey and vanilla extract. Whisk to combine.
4. Then add the dry ingredients: the whole wheat flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Stir until everything is combined, then fold in the walnuts and shredded coconut.
5. Pour the batter into the muffin pan and bake for 15-18 minutes.
6. Let cool for 10 minutes before removing them from the pan.