Grilled apricots give this salad a caramelized sweetness that blends perfectly with salty feta cheese and crunchy honey-roasted almonds. The corn-like flavor of millet is the cherry on top.
1. In a small pot, combine the millet and water and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook until all the water has been absorbed (about 15 minutes).
2. While the millet is cooking, grill the apricot halves.
3. Once the millet is cooked, remove it from the heat, fluff it with a fork, and let it cool.
4. Add the arugula, shredded carrots, grilled apricots, feta cheese and almond slivers to a large bowl and toss.
5. In a small bowl, whisk together the fig balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper.
6. Add the millet to the salad bowl and toss with the dressing.