Surprise your sweetheart with a batch of these heart-shaped cookies this Valentine’s Day. Gluten-free, drizzled with white chocolate and sprinkled with freeze-dried raspberries, they’re cute, festive and just the right amount of sweet.
1. In a large bowl, whisk the coconut oil, coconut sugar, maple syrup, egg and almond extract together until smooth.
2. Add the almond flour, oat flour, cocoa powder, xanthan gum, baking soda and salt. Mix together and wrap the dough in plastic wrap. Place in the freezer for 40 minutes.
3. When the time is up, preheat the oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
4. Roll the dough to ¼ inch thickness and cut using your cookie cutter of choice.
5. Bake for 8-10 minutes, until solid to the touch.
6. Once the cookies are baked, place the cookies on a cooling rack.
7. Meanwhile, melt ¼ cup white chocolate chips with ½ tsp coconut oil in the microwave for 30 second intervals. Stir in between until melted and smooth.
8. Drizzle the cookies with the white chocolate and sprinkle with crushed freeze-dried raspberries.
9. Let the chocolate set and serve!