Sweet, salty and spicy come together in these mouth-watering sweet potato and millet veggie burgers. The patties are made entirely with veggies, millet, almond meal and spices, and are oil and gluten-free. These vegan delights are perfect for enjoying in traditional burger form or simply as hearty salad toppers. Slather with guacamole and dig right in!
1. Preheat the oven to 400F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Poke holes in the sweet potatoes and bake for 30-40 minutes, until fork-tender.
2. Meanwhile, add the millet and water in a small pot and cook until all of the water is absorbed, about 15 minutes. Set aside.
3. When the sweet potatoes are cooked, let them cool a bit then peel and place them in a large bowl and mash them into a puree-like consistency. Add ½ cup black beans and mash them in as well.
4. Stir in the remaining beans, 1 cup cooked millet, onions, almond meal, and spices.
5. Use a ½ cup measure to scoop from the mixture and shape them into patty shapes with your hands. Place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
6. Bake at 400F for 30 minutes, then flip to cook the other side for another 10 minutes.
7. Serve on burger buns with a generous dollop of guacamole.