1. Preheat the oven to 350° F and grease a baking sheet.
2. In a mixing bowl, cut together the coconut oil, teff flour, rice flour, salt, and baking soda.
3. Mix in the egg and maple syrup.
4. Knead an extra 1/3 to 1/2 cup rice flour into the dough until it comes together.
5. Roll out on a floured surface to a 12" by 8" rectangle; cut into 8 3"x4" rectangles. Brush with egg white.
6. Place 1 tablespoon jam on each of four of the rectangles; top with remaining rectangles.
7. Crimp edges with fork and brush with additional egg white. Cut a couple slits in the top of each pastry.
8. Transfer to baking sheet.
9. Bake for 15-20 minutes; cool completely.
1. In a small bowl, stir together icing ingredients and spread on cooled pastries.