If mint chocolates are the way to your heart, this recipe is a must-try. Made with cocoa butter, sweetened with erythritol and naturally colored with wheatgrass powder, these little bites of minty freshness are vegan and keto-friendly.
1. Fill a small saucepan with 3 inches of water and place a bowl on top to create a double boiler. Make sure the bottom of the bowl does not come in contact with the water. Fill the bowl with the cocoa butter wafers and stir until melted.
2. Once melted, remove the bowl from the heat and stir in the confectioner’s erythritol, peppermint extract and wheatgrass powder. Mix well to combine. (The mixture will look murky and swampy green at this stage but will change color once frozen.)
3. Pour the cocoa butter mixture into your molds, filling them up halfway. Place the molds in the freezer for 20 minutes to set.
4. When the 20 minutes are almost up, heat the chocolate chips in the microwave for 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until fully melted. Stir in a few drops of peppermint extract.
5. Pour the chocolate into the molds, filling them up to the top. Freeze for another 20 minutes until set.