This gluten-free pizza boasts a salty-sweet balance of pesto, dried apricots and goat cheese, tied together with the slight bitterness of arugula. Roasted hazelnuts add an irresistible crunch.
1. Preheat the oven to 425F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a medium bowl, mix the yeast and sugar, then stir in the warm water. Whisk and let rest for 10 minutes for the yeast to activate.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together the sorghum flour, tapioca flour, xanthan gum, salt and Italian seasoning. When the yeast is ready, pour it into the flour mixture along with the olive oil and apple cider vinegar. Mix until everything is well incorporated.
4. Divide the dough in two and place the halves on the parchment paper. Dust them with sorghum flour to prevent sticking and shape them into circles with your hands. When you are satisfied with the shape of your crusts, bake for 10-12 minutes on the bottom rack of your oven.
5. When the time is up, remove the crusts from the oven and add the toppings. First, slather with pesto as the base. Top with the goat cheese, sliced dried apricots and crushed hazelnuts.
6. Bake for another 15 minutes, until the apricots are black around the edges.
7. Remove the pizzas from the oven and top with fresh arugula. Top with a few more dollops of pesto, if desired.