Olives, sliced red onions, sun-dried tomatoes and dollops of pesto give this dimpled bread an irresistibly Italian flavor.
1. In a large bowl, mix the water and sugar until the sugar is dissolved. Add the yeast and stir once. Let rest for 5 minutes until foamy.
2. Add one cup of the flour and ¼ cup olive oil into the bowl. Mix and let rest for another 5 minutes.
3. Pour in the rest of the flour and the salt. Knead until the dough is soft and smooth. Oil the inside of the bowl with olive oil and place the dough in it. Cover with plastic wrap and let it rest for 1 hour.
4. When the hour is almost up, preheat the oven to 450F and lightly brush a 9x13 inch metal pan with olive oil.
5. Place the dough in the pan and shape it to its dimensions. Press your fingers in to dimple the dough, then drizzle 1 tbsp of oil and spread it over the top.
6. Let the dough rest for another 20 minutes, drizzle another tbsp olive oil and spread it over the top. Press the olives, sun-dried tomatoes and sliced onions into the top of the dough and bake for 20 minutes, until golden.
7. Let cool slightly, then top with dollops of pesto. Serve with more pesto for dipping.