This Armenian tahini bread is sweet, flaky and delicious. It’s a vegan treat that is beautifully swirled on the inside and sesame-sprinkled on the outside.
1. In a small bowl, add the yeast, ½ tsp sugar and warm water. Stir and let sit for 10 minutes.
2. In a large bowl, mix the flour, salt, yeast mixture and olive oil until a dough forms. Knead on a lightly-floured surface, until smooth. Cover with a towel and let rest for 2 hours.
3. Preheat the oven to 400F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
4. In a medium bowl, whisk together the tahini, sugar and cinnamon to make the filling.
5. Divide the dough in half and, one at a time, roll them into rectangles. Spread the tahini mixture on top, leaving a ½ inch margin for easier rolling.
6. Roll the rectangle tightly length-wise and cut the log into 4 equal pieces. Gently stretch and roll each piece until doubled in length, then flatten slightly and roll in on itself to create a snail-shaped circle. Repeat with the rest of the dough.
7. Place the bread onto the baking sheets and brush each with olive oil. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and bake for 12-15 minutes.