This light and nutritious quinoa salad makes a great side or a full meal, depending on how much quinoa you use. Sub maple syrup for honey in the dressing to make it vegan-friendly.
1. To prepare the chickpeas: soak them in plenty of water for 24 hours. Then, drain and rinse them. Add them to a pot with water, bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer. Cook until the chickpeas are tender (about 30-35 mins). Season with salt, to taste, at the end.
2. To prepare the quinoa: add the quinoa and 2 cups water to a medium pot with a tsp salt. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook until the quinoa is fluffy and the water is absorbed (about 15 mins).
3. While the quinoa cooks, chop the vegetables and add them to a large bowl.
4. Add all the dressing ingredients except the olive oil to the bowl of a food processor and pulse. Then, slowly pour in the olive oil while the processor runs.
5. Let the quinoa and chickpeas cool, then add them to the salad bowl. Toss with the dressing and serve.